Monday, November 9, 2009

Dallas

The first leg of our journey is underway. We arrived safely in Dallas after an 'exciting' Saturday. Jordan, our 12 year old, fell off our straw pile and landed on his head. Thankfully, Josh was with him. He called an ambulance, then kept Jordan stable until help arrived. Interestingly, he also called Steve to tell him to wait for the ambulance and to show them where to find him - but he didn't call me. I found out because I called Steve just to chat and he told me he was waiting for the ambulance. I haven't figured out if I should be hurt or mad :( so I decided to be neither :) I rode in the ambulance with Jordan, and after a ct scan and some poking and prodding, they let him go home. He has a pretty good sized goose egg on his forehead and some scrapes on his face, but that's all. God is Amazingly Gracious!!

We received all the 'material' that 'R' wanted us to bring, so have some very full suitcases. This prevents me from buying trinkets for the kids and grandkids while in TX! We are awaiting word as to how to go through customs with all our 'extras'. Our son and daughter-in-law are in Texas at the same conference and have agreed to take back with them the clothes we won't be needing overseas. This should free up some much-needed room. Maybe I will find some good stuff in Indonesia to bring back!

I still am not sure if I will be taking my laptop overseas, so don't know if I will be updating this or if my daughter will. 'R' says I can email easily using his computer, so that may be best option. I can't post here using his for security reasons. We will know next week!

Thanks for praying!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...thank you, Lord, for protecting Jordan! So glad he is okay and you were able to get off on your journey as planned. Will be praying for and thinking of you guys the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete