Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tarutung

I have been scouring the internet for info. on Tarutung, but to no avail. I did find someones blog entry of a trip to Sumatra and his day around Tarutung. It even had a couple of pics.! I don't know the proper etiquette for this, but this is a pic. Chris took on his way into Tarutung.


The road up the mountain to Tarutung. Good thing Steve has something for motion sickness - I think he may need it!
This looks like it will be a very interesting place to visit! All roads lead out? :-)

As far as I can tell, Tarutung apppears to be about 3300 feet above sea level and is less than 3 miles from a volcano (that, thankfully, hasn't erupted in a while!). I will keep looking for info. and have asked 'R' if he knows anything of interest to add. I will pass along anything he mentions.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a whole week.... enjoying your blog. Saw Patti, doing well from her surgery. Cheryl suffering since hers, and the good news was that Syd's Mom's lung showed the lump to be GONE!
    Praying that the roads, bathing & potty facilities are better than you hope! Or that may be the nicety you can provide while there.... Jordan is okay.... Your both muchly missed around here! Love and hugs, and beach walks, Stein

    ReplyDelete