Saturday, November 14, 2009

From Taiwan

Thought you would be excited to hear we made it through the first long leg of the journey.  We have a 3+ hr. wait in Taipei and I found a wi-fi spot, so thought I would update briefly.  We got to the Dallas airport early to check in and the American Airlines personnel that helped us felt we would not have enough time in San Francisco to catch our flight overseas, so she rushed us through and put us on an earlier flight, leaving in less than 30 mins.  We had planned on having dinner at the Dallas airport, but that went by the wayside : )  We made it to our terminal fine - just didn't sit together on the plane.  Normally, this would have stressed me out ALOT and I was starting to feel 'anxious'.  I only had time to text my daughter asking her to pray with me, which she did, and I calmed down immediately.  Actually had an enjoyable flight!  We arrived in San Francisco with over 3 hrs. to wait.  The odd thing that happened was that the American Airlines personnel didn't book us or our luggage through to KL, only to Taipei.  We were going to have to pick up our baggage, re-check-in for the flight to KL, and go through security again.  As soon as possible, in San Francisco, we found the EVA airline counter and booked our luggage and us to KL.  That helped the 'anxiety' level immensely.  Upon arrival in Taipei, we did have to go through 'transfer' security, but that was basically a formality.  So here we are waiting for our next flight.  It is 7 am here and 3 pm Pacific time.  Our flight was long, and we didn't get much sleep, but the airline company was great.  They have to be the best we have ever been on (in all our many travels : )!)   Extremely friendly and helpful (and they fed us twice for free!).  We even got paper slippers to keep for our very own : )  Steve is currently walking around the airport looking for a coffee or soda.  I should probably go find him!   Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment