We have been told that the bathroom facilities at the house we will be staying in are 'interesting'. 'R' didn't want to spoil the surprise(!), but reminded us it is 'very 3rd world'. I just hope it isn't a bucket behind a curtain! Two people I recently told thought it might be a hole in the ground : ( A bucket and curtain sounds primitive enough, thank you! He said the 'shower' is someone pouring a bucket of cold water over you as you scrub. Hmmm...not my idea of a good time. I am extremely modest and will have to 'shower' in my clothes. Oh well, I can wash my clothes and take a shower at the same time :-) The man who owns the house is not charging us rent after all, so 'R' is hoping we can improve the water/bathroom situation while there, as a 'thank you' for letting us stay. We were given some money as a donation for our trip and are planning on using that to help with the update. We will be purchasing the needed items in Medan before heading to Tarutung, so that may be the first thing we do when we get there!!
This is a picture of a Texas Longhorn taken at the convention we were at this week. His name was Hank. I am pretty sure his kind won't be where we are going : ) Just wanted to leave you with one more picture in case I can't post any while I am gone.
Once again, thank you so much for your interest in our trip. I am hoping I can update every day or two. As I mentioned before, if I can't myself, I will email my daughter who will post to here. I am going to try a pic. or two, but no promises as to if or quality. To all our kids and grandkids and various extended family - we love you all and will miss you greatly.


No comments:
Post a Comment