Friday, November 6, 2009

Flights

I am pleased to announce that 'R' has said he will still allow me to come as I assured him I don't care for meat all that much. He said he would even introduce me to some 'family' in the next village. Could be interesting!

I wanted to put our flight schedule out there for anyone who would like to hold us up in prayer. All times are PST (Pacific Standard Time)

We leave Portland, Sun. the 8th, at 5:30 am
" arrive Phoenix at 7:57 am
" leave Phoenix at 8:55 am
" arrive Dallas at 11:19 am

We are attending the National Milk Marketing Federation Annual meeting before heading to Indonesia.

We leave Dallas, Fri., the 13th, at 7:20 pm
" arrive San Francisco, " " " " 11:00 pm
" leave " " Sat., " 14th " 12:25 am
" arrive Taipei " " " " 2:40 pm
" leave " " " " " 5:40 "
" arrive Kuala Lumpur, " " " " 10:25 "
" leave " " Sun., " 15th at 1:35 am
" arrive Medan, " " " " 2:25 am


The time there will be 5:25 pm. 'R' is supposed to meet us in Medan. We will stay overnight in a hotel, then fly to Tarutung in the morning. He is making the arrangements for this so I don 't have any details. He thought we would leave about 9 am for the 55 min. flight. That would put it at about 6 pm on the 15th PST. This is the 12 passenger puddle-jumper that I am not impressed with taking so prayer then would be GREATLY appreciated!

The time difference is 15 hrs ahead of PST. As you can see, we will undoubtedly arrive sleep deprived if we can't get some sleep on the plane. This makes me cranky!! : ) I will post our return flight info. before leaving Dallas in case I can't get online while overseas.

We thank everyone for their encouragement and prayers and hope that you feel as blessed as we do by your involvement in our 'adventure'.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so exciting I can't wait to hear about it! You should be able to find internet cafe's maybe. Everywhere has internet even before running water now days... lol well seems that way! Have a really great time. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. You are doing excellent at blogging by the way... a real pro!

    ReplyDelete