Friday, November 20, 2009

Alone

'R' left early this morning after getting word that his wife was being medivaced to Singapore.  We have been praying that she gets the help she needs and that he can get the needed flights to be with her soon.  It doesn't sound good.  With the loss of Nathan just a little over a year ago, this seems to have hit us pretty hard.  We only met 'K' once, last year.  All other contact has been with 'R', but it has affected us deeply, just the same.   He left us his internet card for which I am very grateful!

Steve didn't sleep well last night as he was extremely nauseous, so we decided to stay 'home' this morning.  We walked to the store a block away and bought some bread and water.  We had peanut butter sandwiches, tea and water for breakfast and lunch.  He took a nap at ten and another at one.  He was much better after that.  Sihite, the head of the workers, and 'R's driver, stopped by at three to check on us and take us to the farm.  He also brought us some rice and soup. (When he had stopped by earlier to take 'R' to the closest airport, Steve mentioned that he wasn't feeling well.)  Since it was raining (the usual afternoon condition), Steve wanted me to stay 'home' so that neither of us had to ride in the rain.  I am writing this while waiting for him to return.  So you may get two posts in one day!!  I don't remember if there was something I was supposed to elaborate on from earlier posts, so if you want information on something I have posted or just have a question, feel free to leave it in the comment section and I will read and answer from there.  I have tried several times to post a pic. here or send one to our daughter, but have had no luck the last two days : ( 

We have not had much opportunity to interact with the nursing students, but 'R' had arranged a chance for us to speak to the 'English language' class.  We just don't know when it is!  So Steve has also not been able to teach, but there is still time. 

Please continue to pray for 'K', 'R', their kids, and us.  This is a very unsure time for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment