We have arrived in Tarutung. We didn't have internet in Medan, and may only be able to use this connection a couple of times a week (I have to share: )! ) The flights were interesting. We were 'debugged' on the flight from Taiwan to KL. The stewardesses came through the cabin spraying for bugs per Malaysian law. Then from KL to Medan, a white mist that looked like smoke poured from around the overhead bins for the first 10 mins. of the flight. The 12 passenger from Medan to Silangit was half full and was only bumpy for a few minutes over the mountain range.
We rode out to the farm today after arriving at 11. I took a couple of pics of the cows - they look really good. We walked around the property and discussed some ideas. I will write more about that next time.
One thing I did find out was the 'primitive' bathroom facilities. It is slightly better than a bucket and curtain. The room consists of a cement box that is slowly filled with water as the day progresses. The toilet is only the bottom part, no seat or lid, no tank to hold water, no way to flush. You use a scoop to get water out of the cement box to wash down the waste. We did purchase a seat and Steve installed it first thing. We also purchased a 'hot water on demand' style water heater and pump and will install it tomorrow so that there is hot water for a shower. Shower logistics are still in question so I will have to explain that after we figure out what we are going to do.
I am sorry if this sounds disjointed, but I am so tired I can't think very well. We didn't sleep much on the plane and only got about 6 hrs. last night. Thank you all for continueing to uphold us in prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment