We are at the Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) airport waiting for our flight home. I found a free wi-fi spot so thought I would check in. After posting last night, Steve, 'R', and I went to the Sun Plaza. It is the largest mall I have ever been in. It is 6 stories tall. We went to Papa Ron's pizza for dinner :-) 'R' said it was better than the Pizza Hut there, but I don't know. After we ate we walked a bit 'window shopping'. The interesting thing to me (besides the 6 floors!) was the size of the shops. They were all very small by American standards. Most sold only one thing (phones, men's clothes, girl's clothes, cosmetics, beds, kitchen appliances, etc...). On one end there was an Ace Hardware store that was 3 floors and bigger than any Ace Hardware I have been in.
About 9, we headed back to the hotel and bed. Up at 6, showers and breakfast, which is included in the price of the room. It is a very fancy buffet style. We arrived at the airport at 8 and said goodbye to 'H' & 'R'. Then we were on our own! For two not-very-agressive people, these airport experiences are hard. People push and shove in lines to check in for their flight. It took us longer than it should have as we 'allowed' several to get in ahead of us. We made it to the departure area about 20 mins. before boarding. The flight over was uneventful and here we are. We have checked in and will be heading down to the deparure area shortly. I will try and post some 'reflections' from Taiwan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment